Welcoming Back Our Patrons
Box Office reopens June 15. Public film screenings return June 24.
We’re committed to providing safe and enjoyable film screenings for our community. In conjunction with local, state, and federal ordinances and guidelines, the following safety criteria are temporarily in effect once the theater reopens. As standards evolve, this information will be updated and posted on this webpage. Read the Town of Cary’s public announcement.
If you think you might have been exposed to Covid-19 and have some symptoms, please take precautions and stay home. We’ll gladly refund your purchase.
In accordance with CDC and NCDHHS guidelines, masks are not required indoors or outdoors for fully vaccinated people. People who are not vaccinated should wear a mask indoors and wear a mask outdoors when six feet of distance cannot be maintained.
Theater staff and volunteers will participate in daily self-check health screenings prior to the start of their shift following current Town of Cary guidelines.
The event space will have a limited capacity. Patrons can expect to wait in line to enter the theater during peak times. Entry is given on a first come, first served basis.
The Town of Cary and The Cary Theater are working to reduce the amount of high-touch spaces in the box office area. Any spaces that will be touched frequently will be sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipe stations are available throughout the lobby and theater spaces.
- Plexi-glass shields have been fitted at the box office.
- Contactless ticket buying is highly encouraged and available online.
- We are requesting that patrons swipe their own credit card for purchases onsite.
- We are also asking patrons to scan their own tickets.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize their own theater seat arm rests if they choose, with sanitizing wipes provided in the theater.
Concessions for the theater is operated out of Brew and will resume with contactless payments for in-house purchases. Please be prepared to pay for any in-theater food and drink orders with a credit card as they are currently implementing as a cashless operation.