The Cary Theater is now accepting applications for its Programming Advisory Committee. Participants on this committee serve an advisory role to offer input on film programs, live performances and other events that take place at the theater throughout the year. Committee members also support the theater in building awareness of programming as well as the importance of inclusive content.
Candidates with a strong interest in film are encouraged to apply. Details of the application process are as follows:
The Programming Advisory Committee serves as an advisory body to The Cary Theater. This committee offers input and perspective on film programs and events, participates in select year- round programs, and works with the staff to promote and build awareness of The Cary’s programs and signature events such as BEYOND: The Cary Film Festival. The Cary’s goal is to build a committee focused on the importance of curating diverse and inclusive content.
The Programming Advisory Committee will meet monthly (virtually or in-person) beginning in January 2023. Meeting dates TBD.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cary residents will be given priority over non-Cary resident applications.
- Candidates should be able to attend a minimum of 6 meetings per year.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to participate in one event per year.
Participation may include but is not limited to:
- Assisting with the distribution of promotional materials for BEYOND: The Cary Film Festival and other signature events.
- Reviewing and rating films and/or screenplays for BEYOND: The Cary Film Festival.
- Introducing a film and/or performance.
- Moderating a post-film conversation.
- Curating a film program or series.
- Connecting the theater with potential event sponsors.
Candidates will be notified of acceptance on or before Friday, December 16, 2022.