Rough Cuts Review
Rough Cuts Review is an open screen night for North Carolina filmmakers. The evening is an opportunity for filmmakers to show Rough Cuts of works-in-progress, and to engage in conversation with other local filmmakers and the public about the material. Joe Partin, Cinema Studies professor, will lead the filmmaker and audience members in a respectful discussion about the work.
We accept 15-20 minute submissions of finished films, works-in-progress, and student films. All genres are welcome. Time permitting, we’ll screen longer works but we can’t guarantee individual screening slots over 20-minutes.
Sunday, May 13 2pm-3:30pm – Final Cut Mini Film Festival (forms and submissions are due by April 30)
Rough Cuts Review – The Final Cut
It’s a Mini Film Festival Featuring the New and Improved Final Cuts
The Cary Theater is launching Rough Cuts Review’s first Final Cut Celebration on Sunday May 13, at 2 p.m. It is a mini film festival featuring the new and improved rough cuts that have been screened and reviewed since the inception of Rough Cuts Review (from May 17, 2016 through March 20, 2018). The festival will be short by comparison: around three hours. With approximately 25 past RCR participants, we hope to have a variety of content. A jury will select the films to be screened. RCR’s Final Cut will also feature a competition for the Best Final Cut along with a People’s Choice Award. As always, the focus of Rough Cuts Review is to be inclusive of filmmakers of all experience levels and to bring the community together to encourage the works of local and emerging filmmakers in the Triangle.
Each participant will be given:
• two (2) complimentary tickets for guests (All other tickets will be sold for $5.00 + tax).
• opportunity for a Jury Award & a People’s Choice (audience) Award
Jury Award and the People’s Choice Award
Festival winners in each category will be determined by the Jury. The selected participants will be notified via email and the Best Final Cut and the People’s Choice Award will be announced on The Cary Theater website shortly after the festival.
A reception at The Pharmacy Bottle & Beverage will follow after the screening. Light refreshments served. Cash bar.
Rules & Terms
RCR’s Final Cut:
• Each Final Cut may be no more than 20 minutes in length.
• Reserves the right to refuse films depicting excessive nudity and/or gore.
• Holds no responsibility for lost films
• Does not pay screening fees
• Does not accept DVD’s
• Stipulates that the filmmaker is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film
• Will be granted the right (by the filmmaker/applicant) to use excerpts from the film including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival
• Will contact all filmmakers with acceptance or non-acceptance information
•All entries must be accompanied by a brief synopsis and/or artist statement.
To participate please complete the form below.